Dr. Marjorie Zauderer
Co-Director of Mesothelioma Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Marjorie Zauderer is Co-Director of the Mesothelioma Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. She treats patients with cancers of and around the lungs, including pleural mesothelioma.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065
JUMP TO A TOPIC
More About Mesothelioma Specialist Dr. Marjorie Zauderer
Dr. Zauderer is a highly trained medical oncologist with a focus on planning mesothelioma treatment for patients. As a medical oncologist, she specializes in systemic therapies like chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
However, being Co-Director means her responsibilities expand to integrating with other medical experts, including thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists, pulmonologists and pathologists to form a multi-disciplinary program.
Dr. Zauderer’s position as Co-Director of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Mesothelioma Program puts her as a leader in the field of mesothelioma care. The other Co-Director is Dr. Prasad Adusumilli. Dr. Valerie Rusch, the main thoracic surgeon at Memorial Sloan Kettering, works closely with Dr. Zauderer and Dr. Adusumilli.
- Medical Degree from Columbia University in New York City
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship in Hematology and Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowship in Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
- Membership in the American Society of Clinical Oncology
Get Connected to Dr. Marjorie Zauderer
Dr. Marjorie Zauderer is the co-leader of mesothelioma treatment and patient care at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, one of the largest and best hospitals in the world. Dr. Zauderer is also the head of the Thoracic Disease Management Team.
Why Choose Dr. Zauderer?
- Involved in clinical trials with novel therapies
- Creates multimodal treatment plans for patients
- Degree from top medical school in the country
Clinical Trials Involving Immunotherapies
Dr. Zauderer researches new therapies, mostly immunotherapies, for mesothelioma and lung cancer. Part of her work involves genetic dispositions to cancer.
Mesothelioma is caused by asbestos exposure and Dr. Zauderer looks into the relationship between exposure and genetic mutations of cells.
Dr. Zauderer is also working in four phase 1 trials for pleural mesothelioma:
- Targeted cancer vaccine with Opdivo immunotherapy drug
- CI-8993 immunotherapy drug
- Keytruda immunotherapy drug with radiation therapy
- Keytruda with cryoablation
Dr. Zauderer serves on the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program’s mesothelioma working group in thoracic malignancy.
How Dr. Marjorie Zauderer Can Help You
Patients going to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for mesothelioma care are likely to meet Dr. Zauderer. She is integral in creating a multidisciplinary treatment plan for each individual case. She can also help patients enroll in clinical trials when they have few or no options left.
You can expedite the process of a consultation by contacting our patient guide team. Mesothelioma Guide’s lead patient advocate, Karen Ritter, is a registered nurse. She can help you get connected with Memorial Sloan Kettering or schedule an appointment.
Sources & Author
- Marjorie G. Zauderer, MD. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/marjorie-zauderer. Accessed: 01/27/2022.