JUMP TO A TOPIC
More Information About Ascension St. John Hospital – Van Elslander Cancer Center
Ascension St. John Hospital is located in Detroit, Michigan, and Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan, among other locations. It is part of the Ascension Healthcare network of medical centers, which includes the Van Elslander Cancer Center in Grosse Pointe Woods.
- Dr. Richard Berri, Chief of Surgical Oncology
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Van Elslander Cancer Center
- Cytoreduction surgery/HIPEC (peritoneal mesothelioma)
- Systemic chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Clinical trials
Get Connected to Ascension St. John
Ascension Medical Group, affiliated with Van Elslander Cancer Center and Ascension St. John Hospital, is a top-notch medical institution in Michigan and the entire Midwest. Patients with peritoneal mesothelioma can have confidence in the staff at Ascension St. John. The mesothelioma care team consists of a surgeon, oncologists and even staff focused on post-treatment quality of life.
Why Choose Ascension St. John Hospital?
- Trusted mesothelioma specialist on staff
- HIPEC surgery for peritoneal mesothelioma
- Multidisciplinary approach to treatment and quality of life
Multidisciplinary Approach to Mesothelioma Treatment
The team at Ascension St. John Hospital and Van Elslander Cancer Center offers a long list of services, ranging from cancer treatments to quality of life care. The therapies available to patients with mesothelioma are:
Dr. Berri performs HIPEC with cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal mesothelioma. HIPEC is a heated chemotherapy that is combined with surgery to remove and destroy mesothelioma tumors from the abdominal cavity, where peritoneal mesothelioma forms and spreads.
Other services available to mesothelioma patients at Ascension St. John Hospital are:
- Genetic counseling
- Clinical trials
- Social work
- Dietary assistance
- Financial counseling
- Not ranked in the U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 Hospitals Honor Roll
- Ranked 12th in Detroit
- Ranked 15th in the state of Michigan
Visit Ascension St. John Hospital for Mesothelioma Care
Ascension St. John Hospital is one of the top facilities for mesothelioma care, particularly peritoneal mesothelioma. Dr. Berri is an experienced surgeon and can perform the HIPEC procedure for this type of mesothelioma.
If you live in Michigan or other nearby states, please contact our patient advocate and registered nurse, Karen Ritter, at firstname.lastname@example.org for help getting in touch with this cancer center or another one nearby.
If you do not live in the area but wish to visit this center, please contact Karen for options regarding travel grants. She may also have another cancer center within driving distance in mind that provides the same high level of mesothelioma care.
Sources & Author
- About Us. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/about-us. Accessed: 05/11/2023.
- Treatment Options for Mesothelioma. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/clinical-care/conditions/mesothelioma/treatment. Accessed: 05/11/2023.
- Our Mesothelioma Doctors & Care Team. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/clinical-care/conditions/mesothelioma/care-team. Accessed: 05/12/2023.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma Treatment. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/clinical-care/conditions/mesothelioma/treatment/peritoneal-mesothelioma. Accessed: 05/12/2023.
- Pleural Mesothelioma Treatment. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/clinical-care/conditions/mesothelioma/treatment/pleural-mesothelioma. Accessed: 05/12/2023.
- Clinical Trials for Mesothelioma. Fox Chase Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://www.foxchase.org/clinical-care/conditions/mesothelioma/clinical-trials. Accessed: 05/15/2023.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved from: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa/fox-chase-cancer-center-6231660#rankings. Accessed: 05/15/2023.