JUMP TO A TOPIC
More About Mesothelioma Specialist Dr. Richard Berri
Dr. Berri is a surgical oncologist with a focus on all abdominal malignancies, from pancreatic cancer to small intestine conditions. He’s the Medical Director of the Ascension Michigan Oncology service line. For peritoneal mesothelioma, his specialty is performing heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC).
He also sees patients at Ascension Michigan Macomb-Oakland Hospital.
- Medical Degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan
- Residency at Ascension St. John Hospital
- Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2010
- Internship at Ascension St. John Hospital
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery
Get Connected to Dr. Richard Berri
Dr. Richard Berri is a leading HIPEC expert in Michigan. He’s the only peritoneal mesothelioma specialist in the state and has seen cases of abdominal malignancies in the Detroit area for more than a decade.
Why Choose Dr. Berri?
- Performed more than 400 HIPEC surgeries
- One of the few peritoneal specialists in the region
- Created a HIPEC program
Founded a HIPEC Program
Dr. Berri started a gastrointestinal cancer program and created the first HIPEC program in Michigan. He has performed more than 400 HIPEC/cytoreductive surgeries at Ascension St. John Hospital.
He has more than a decade of experience working in the Detroit metropolitan area and other regions of Michigan. He is the author of multiple articles about his approach to surgical oncology.
How to See Dr. Berri
Our patient advocate staff can help you connect with Dr. Berri at Ascension Medical Group. First step to take is contacting our registered nurse, Karen Ritter. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your contact information through our free Doctor Match form. This information helps us identify doctors and cancer centers for your specific diagnosis of mesothelioma.
Sources & Author
- Richard N. Berri, MD. Ascension Healthcare. Retrieved from: https://healthcare.ascension.org/doctors/1568649978/richard-nazih-berri-grosse-pointe-woods-mi. Accessed: 12/31/2021.