JUMP TO A TOPIC
More Information About Mesothelioma Specialist Dr. Anne Tsao
Dr. Tsao is also the Program Chair of the Department of Thoracic, Head and Neck Oncology. MD Anderson Cancer Center, affiliated with the University of Texas, is one of the top cancer centers in the world.
Dr. Tsao is a specialist in the treatment of thoracic cancers, including pleural mesothelioma. Her work at the MD Anderson Cancer Center gives hope to patients and families by providing a better future for treatment.
“When I was in residency,” she says in a video on the MD Anderson Cancer Center website, “my grandmother unfortunately was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away.”
She’s also an assistant professor of thoracic, head and neck oncology at the University of Texas. Another title she holds is Clinical Medical Director of the Department of Thoracic and Orthopedic Center.
- Degree in Molecular Biology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine, 2001
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology at University of Texas at Houston, 2004
- Member of the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Board
- Board‑certified in Medical Oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
Get Connected to Dr. Anne Tsao
Dr. Tsao leads one of the top mesothelioma programs in the world. She’s a director at one of the best cancer centers for thoracic oncology. Dr. Tsao leads numerous clinical trials related to mesothelioma therapies.
Why Choose Dr. Tsao?
- Leads studies related to mesothelioma
- Helps patients seeking innovative treatments
- Authored or co‑authored many medical articles
Dr. Tsao’s Clinical Work
Since mesothelioma is such a rare disease, treatment catered to the individual is quite challenging to accomplish. Dr. Tsao made advances in her research to create personalized treatment plans for patients.
“I feel very strongly that all patients should have an opportunity to have access to a clinical trial and prolong their life,” she says in the MD Anderson Cancer Center video.
Dr. Tsao, however, has conducted studies on novel treatment methods as well as personalized care. She has also collaborated with mesothelioma specialists at other cancer centers to work towards finding a cure.
“I would love to have patients know that there is hope,” she says in the video.
Clinical Trials in the Works
Dr. Tsao currently leads several clinical trials for mesothelioma. One of them uses Opdivo and Yervoy prior to surgery, in hopes of increasing survival rates after surgery.
That trial is recruiting patients. Another recruiting trial is giving the drug Brentuximab Vedotin to unresectable cases.
You can connect with Dr. Tsao and the team at MD Anderson Cancer Center with our assistance. Email our registered nurse, Karen Ritter, for patient advocacy. Reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources & Author
- Anne S. Tsao, MD. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Retrieved from: https://faculty.mdanderson.org/profiles/anne_tsao.html. Accessed: 10/18/18.