We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during the COVID-19 crisis. Our patient advocates remain available to provide support in any way you need.
Get Your Free Veterans Support Guide
Our Veterans Support Guide Includes:
- Benefits Eligibility Information
- Asbestos Exposure Risks
- Top Veteran Treatment Options
Get Everything Veterans Need To Know About Mesothelioma
Enter your information to have your Veterans Support Guide sent overnight.
We're Proud to Have Served Veterans from:
Meet Our VA-Accredited Claims Agent
Carl Jewett, Retired LCDR of the U.S. Navy
Carl Jewett is a retired Naval Officer (LCDR) and the Executive Director of the Veterans Assistance Network. He is a VA Claims Agent fully accredited by the VA to assist veterans filing for VA benefits and appeals.
In 1985, Commander Jewett enlisted in the U.S. Navy. After his initial training in electronics, he received training in nuclear power operations in Orlando, FL. He then served in the Reactor Controls Division on three nuclear fast-attack submarines: USS Dace (SSN-607), USS Plunger (SSN-595) and USS Shark (SSN-591).
In 1997, he was selected for the Enlisted Commissioning Program and attended the University of Maryland where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics. He was commissioned in May 1997 and returned to the submarine force serving in various engineering billets.
Commander Jewett's other duty assignments include: USS Kentucky (SSBN-737B), Nuclear Power School Instructor, Division Officer at the Prospective Nuclear Engineering Officer School, and Executive Officer at the Navy Operational Support Center in St. Louis, MO.
Commander Jewett earned his MBA from the University of Florida in 2004. In 2008, he retired from active duty in the Navy and assumed the Executive Director position at the Veterans Assistance Network. He is married to Teri, his wife of over 25 years and has two sons and a daughter. He and his wife currently reside in Winter Springs Fl.
Specific Areas of Expertise:
- Assisting veterans in applying for VA Disability Compensation (VADC) and VA Pension
- Assisting spouses in filing for survivor benefits such as DIC and Survivor Pension
- Assisting in filing for Aid & Attendance and Housebound Benefits
- Explaining military burial benefits, headstone requests and military funeral honors
- Assisting veterans in determining their VA Health Care eligibility
- Explaining how to apply for Asbestos Trust Funds