Dr. Farid GharagozlooFocus: Pleural Mesothelioma
2450 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Dr. Farid Gharagozloo brought his expertise in treating mesothelioma from the midwest to the Florida Hospital Medical Group in Celebration, Florida, which is now Advent Health in Kissimmee. He is recognized for his development of a minimally invasive technique that uses robotic-assisted surgery to treat his patients.
About Dr. Gharagozloo
Dr. Farid Gharagozloo is a thoracic surgeon at Advent Health in Kissimmee, Florida. He has experience in treating patients with mesothelioma and other thoracic cancers by using robotic surgery.
At FHMG, Dr. Gharagozloo has founded the Center for Advanced Thoracic Surgery. At the Global Robotics Institute, he plays an active role in researching and treating mesothelioma patients.
Dr. Gharagozloo has performed over 1,000 surgeries where he has used the assistance of robotics. He has also become a published name in over 200 scholarly articles about robotic surgery.
Currently, Dr. Farid Gharagozloo serves as the senior editor for the Textbook of Robotic Surgery. This textbook is a valued piece of literature in the field of surgical robotics.
He is dedicated to researching thoracic cancers, such as mesothelioma. To support his cause, Dr. Gharagozloo receives fundings from the Thoracic Surgery Foundation.
Medical Degree and Residency
Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Gharagozloo completed a residency at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Baltimore, MD.
Dr. Gharagozloo also trained in surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA.
Dr. Farid Gharagozloo is currently a professor of surgery at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL.
Previously he was the section chief of the thoracic surgery department at the University of Arizona Medical Center (UAMC).
For 18 years he served as a faculty member of Georgetown and George Washington Universities in Washington, DC.
Dr. Gharagozloo’s Accomplishments
- At the Arizona Cancer Center, he served as the chief of the southwest thoracic oncology program
- Awarded “Top Doc” for Thoracic Surgery by Washington Magazine in 2010
- He is a published expert in advanced robotic-assisted surgery techniques
- Awarded the title of Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by the Clinical Robotic Surgery Association in 2015
- Recognized as one of America’s Top Doctors for Cancer for numerous years
- Receives research grants from the Thoracic Surgery Foundation
Get Connected to Dr. Farid Gharagozloo Now
Why Choose Dr. Farid Gharagozloo?
- He is a nationally recognized surgeon that uses robotics to help treat his patients.
- His method of treatment is favored and considered a lot safer than other standard procedures.
- He has helped many mesothelioma patients reach a state of remission.
Meet Dr. Farid Gharagozloo
Dr. Farid Gharagozloo’s Treatment Plan
Farid Gharagozloo, MD, has evolved the traditional methods of treating mesothelioma. Through his extensive research and studies, he designed an invasive approach for treating his patients.
Using surgical techniques that are aided by the use of robotics has been a breakthrough, and it has made Dr. Gharagozloo a well-respected name in the mesothelioma community. His approach to treating patients has been considered safer than standard surgical procedures, and it’s become a favored method for treating mesothelioma.
Surgery with robotic assistance has also been proven to
- Lower a patient’s blood loss
- Better a patient’s healing time
- Improve the recovery time of a patient
Dr. Gharagozloo and his team at Advent Health work with experts throughout the medical field. They work together to research and improve the techniques of robotics being used in surgery to treat many illnesses.