Peritoneal mesothelioma specialist Dr. H. Richard Alexander will be moving to Rutgers University in New Jersey at the end of October. Dr. Alexander is one of the country’s most renowned peritoneal mesothelioma surgeons.
About Dr. Alexander’s Move
Dr. Alexander is currently the head of surgical oncology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore. He will be moving to Rutgers University at the end of October. At Rutgers, Dr. Alexander will become the new Chief Surgical Officer.
Dr. Alexander will also be a professor of surgery in the Division of Surgical Oncology at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He looks forward to educating new and future surgeons at Rutgers. He plans to help them develop the skills and knowledge they need to be great doctors so that they can enhance the already great institute.
Get to Know Dr. H. Richard Alexander
Dr. H Richard Alexander is one of the top peritoneal mesothelioma specialists in the country. He is internationally known for his contributions to mesothelioma research. His research is focused on creating new treatments that target mesothelioma on the molecular level. He was also instrumental in proving that cytoreductive surgery wtih HIPEC is an effective and beneficial treatment for peritoneal mesothelioma patients.
Dr. Alexander’s Accomplishments:
- Served as a medical officer in the U.S. Navy
- Worked at the National Cancer Institute for 16 years
- Serves on the board of directors of the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- Has published over 250 peer-reviewed articles
- Presents at national and international events
Dr. Alexander’s Education:
- Undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado
- Medical degree from Georgetown University
- Residency in general surgery at the Walter Reed National Military Cancer Center
- Surgical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
If you are interested in learning more about Dr. Alexander or finding the right mesothelioma specialist for you, fill out our Doctor Match form and a patient advocate with contact you with information.